BEST TOURIST PLACES TO VISIT IN ARUNACHAL PRADESH
The Land of Rising Sun – Arunachal Pradesh
A perfect vacation destination for the souls that lust for exploration, discovery and adventure. This place is a treasure of natural marvels and man-made wonders. It is a place of tribal cultures, Buddhist monasteries, pristine lakes, high altitude mountains, and charming hillside villages.The visitor has a large variety of options to pick from. There are places to worship and pilgrimage such as “Parasuramkund ” and Asia’s second largest 400 years old “Tawang Monastery”, or the historical sites of archaeological excavations like Malinithan and Itanagar, the soothing beauty of lakes such as “Ganga lake” or “Sela lake” or the numerous variations of scenic beauty of the snow clad heavenly mountain peaks and flourishing green meadows where millions of species of flora and fauna prosper. These are the some best tourist places to visit in Arunachal Pradesh.. In addition, the state provides abundant extent for angling, boating, rafting, trekking and hiking. Besides, there are a number of wild life sanctuaries and national parks where rare animals, birds and plants that will fascinate the visitor.
These are some of the most favorite tourist places to visit in Arunachal Pradesh which are as follows :
- TAWANG :Tawang is a high altitude hill station located in North- Western part of Arunachal Pradesh at an elevation of 2669 meters (8757 ft) located approximately at an distance of 555 km from Guwahati and 333 km from Tezpur in Assam.It is famous for 400 years old Buddhist Monastery which is one of the largest Buddhist Monastery in India and second largest Monastery in Asia. Other places to visit in Arunachal Pradesh in Tawang are Tawang War Memorial, Bumla Pass, Nuranang Waterfall, P. T. Tsho Lake, Sangestar Tso Lake (Madhuri Lake), Lumla Dolma Lhakhang and many more. Best time to visit this place is between October to March. But you shall have to be carefull if you are visiting this place during January to March because of heavy snowfall and road blockage. So collect prior info about the road and weather conditions before leaving for this place.
- SELA PASS : Sela pass is the highest mountain peak you will have to cross if you are planning to visit Tawang.It is one of the best places to visit in Arunachal Pradesh. It is located at an incredible height of 4170 meters (13700 ft) from MSL and at an distance of approximately 255 km from Tezpur and 440km from Guwahati.. This place is famous because of the high altitude heavenly “Sela Lake”. This lake gets frozen during the winter season which add more charm to the beauty of this place. This place is covered with snow almost half of the year i.e., between October to April. This place gets heavy snowfall more than that of Tawang because of its high altitude location. You will be mesmerized by seeing the beautiful species of Yak which is the native animal of this place.
- BOMDILA : Bomdila is also a high altitude hill station located in the West Kameng district of Arunachal Pradesh at average elevation of 2415 metres (7923 feet) from MSL and at an distance of approximately 160 km form Tezpur (Assam) and 345 km from Guwahati (Assam). People of Bomdila generally follows two main religions – Buddhism and Hinduism and belong to the Monpa, Aka, Miji, Sherdukpen, Bugun tribes. Some of the places to visit in Bomdila are Bomdila Monastery, Eaglenest wildlife Sanctuary, Tenga Valley. Apple Orchards, Bomdila Viewpoint, Upper Gonpa and more.Best time to visit this place is between April to December as you can get rid of the hot Summers and enjoy the pleasant cool weather of this place.
- DIRANG : The beautiful town of Dirang is located in the West Kameng district of Arunachal Pradesh at an elevation of 1497 metres ( 4910 feet) and at a distance of approximately 195 km from Tezpur by road. The pleasant weather conditions, beautiful sceneries, mountain rivers are the best options for visitors particularly for those who want to take a break on their way to Tawang and take a overnight halt at this place.
- BHALUKPONG : Bhalukpong is a small town situated in West Kameng district of Arunachal Pradesh, it is located at an elevation of approximately 213 metres from mean sea level. Bhalukpong is divided into 2 (two) parts in which one of the part belongs to Arunachal Pradesh and the other part belongs to Assam. The town is situated at an distance of 100 kms from Bomdila , 53 kms from Tezpur and 5 kms from Tippi. This place is situated on the bank of Kameng River and exhibits an unmatchel level of scenic beauty.You can do many thrilling activities here such as river rafting,trekking, hiking, fishing, and wildlife exploration. Other than that you can visit Pakhui Wildlife Sanctuary, Tippi Orchidarium, Bhalukpong fort and many other places.